CONTACT US!

This album of travel inspiration has been brought to you by Melanie @ Tough Love Travel!
Talk to Melanie at (609) 923-0304 or melanie@toughlovetravel.com.
Or visit her at www.ToughLoveTravel.com for "fun adventure to get your out of your box".

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Got Dog, Will Travel! (dog-friendly travel in NJ!)

I'm Patrick, a wheaten terrier who lives on the canal in Lambertville, NJ with my Mom, Melanie, who owns Tough Love Travel.   Want fur-travel tips?  She's the one to call! (609)923-0304

My Mom is always hearing people lament,
"We want to go away but we can't leave 'Fido'".
So, last weekend, she decided to show people just how easy it is to take dog-friendly vacations with their furchildren!

We took off on vacation!   Next thing I knew, I was on Sunset Beach, in Cape May!

She got me a dog-friendly walk-out room at the Marquis de Lafayette, which was an ideal location, right on Beach Ave, across from the sand!  
 
When we go back, though, she wants to try a fantastic  fur-place called Billmae Cottage.  They may not have oceanview there, but they have dog-friendly amenities that are important to ME!  (Don't worry -- the human beds are comfy, too!  I tried them out!)

It's true, I wasn't allowed on the main beach across from the Marquis, but Sunset Beach, a short drive away on the southern tip, allows furry beachgoers all day long!  
There's even a dog-friendly cantina there with special seating at picnic tables on their lower level, just for "us"! 

Cape May is a great dog-friendly walking town, and we strolled block after block of Victorian homes, some with widow walks dating back to the whaling days of the 1600's.
It also has a dog park, over on Lafayette Street.  I found lots of friends there, and even some balls and toys left around to share.  Thank goodness my Mom remembered to grab a pass at City Hall (clerk's office, 2nd floor) before she took me!  Call for details: (609) 884-9525.
After I had playtime, I was ready to go out to dinner with the adults.   The bricked pedestrian mall is not dog-friendly, but there are some great restaurants, like the Ugly Mug and the Pilot House, around the corner on Decatur Street, where I could eat with the family!       My Mom loved the Pilot House's caramelized  salmon and I even got a bite!


Next my Mom plans to take me to dog-friendly Island Beach State Park, where me and my furkind are welcome on all beaches except the official pavillion swim beach #1 and #2.   Even the kayaking is dog-friendly there!

Going to NYC?
We are welcome on the free walking tours offered around the city by Big Onion-- everything from the Historic Seaport to the Gangs of New York tour!
Many hotels allow K9s too, but for something different, try a dog-friendly AirBnB!

So pack the car-- and the leash!   
And enjoy one last dog-friendly gulp of summer 2013!


Want inspiration and answers for dog-friendly trips in  YOUR local area?   
Grab a free phone call now, with Melanie @ Tough Love Travel!

No comments: